Sunday, September 28, 2008

exhausted by relief

So tired today for several reasons. Work, house, school, husband, life, etc. Just when I am at the end of my energy along comes a really big weekend. I drove up to my parents' on Friday just in time to get into the car rider line at my old elementary school to pick up my nephews. Then off to the Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale.
This is a yearly tradition for us and this year I really did it up right. On Friday night I helped serve Haystacks. Here is a brief explanation of Haystacks minus the peanuts. I was in charge of serving the onions and tomatoes and may be solely responsible for the shortage in tomatoes for the last half of the dinner because I apparently lack rationing skills. Saturday morning it was up at 6:30 to Run for Relief. Megan and I did the 5k. Megan left me after the first 1/2 mile but I still thought I was awesome because I ran the whole thing, kicked at the end, and finished in 33 minutes which is fast for me because I am slow. High/low lights of running for relief are when you lose the course and are just running randomly around a fair grounds. After that was the big pancake breakfast. Yum. Then a little bit of relief sale shopping during which I purchased some non-sugar free apple butter.

I also tail gated the Notre Dame game but that is another story for another day. Now I am back in Indy and exhausted. Oh and Buckley went with me to all of those things so he is exhuasted too.

No comments: